Benedict16th

Madder and badder than the 15th

Tuesday, 14 March 2006

Tagged - Songs for Foilwoman

1. A track from your early childhood.

Morning Town Train, in reception (4-5 year olds) we used to sing it every morning instead of God save the Queen - that naughty seditious teacher!

2. A track that you associate with your first love.

My Kind of Lady by Supertramp. I used to jump up on her living room table and mime the song, and the record would skip when I jumped off (vinyl - gosh now that dates me!)

3. A track that reminds you of a holiday trip.

Break in the Weather by Jenny Morris

4. A track that you like but wouldn’t want to be associated with in public.

I';m sufficiently embarrassed all I can do is post the first verse and if you can recognise it...

"Yo, I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna really
really really wanna zigazig ha. "

5. A track that accompanied you when you were lovesick.

Hmmm maybe Everything's on Fire by Hunters and Collectors
or Red Red Wine (UB40's version)

or maybe

Girl Trouble by the Violent Femmes.

or even

A Wide Open Road by the Triffids.

ah music to slash your wrists by....
(I really should add "Comfortably Numb" and yes I did spend a lot of my youth being lovesick)

6. A track that you have probably listened to most often.

According to iTunes it is Cigarettes Will Kill You by Ben Lee, if you count the under 5 performances, it would have to be "Baa Baa Black Sheep".


7. A track that is your favourite instrumental.

Rhapsody in Blue (except that tacky 1988 LA Olympics performance with the 88 Grand Pianos)

8. A track that represents one of your favourite bands.

Waiting for the Great Leap Forwards by Billy Bragg or one of his love songs Milkman of Human Kindness

9. A track which represents yourself best.

Yellow Submarine from some group back in the 60's

10. A track that reminds you of a special occasion (which one?).

H. R. Pufnstuf (check the video clip) my first ever live concert, but I always thought WitchyPooh was just misunderstood!

11. A track that you can relax to..

All Lined Up by Shriekback, it has the funkiest bass line ever (What would you expect from a band with two bass players!).

12. A track that stands for a really good time in your life.

I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers.

13. A track that is currently your favourite.

I'm in a bit of a non-musical period at the moment, so pass! If it is the song that most recently got stuck in my head it would have to be "Now We Have To Go" by The Fairies - Have a look at the site Foilest, I think the Foilkid might just like it.

14. A track that you’d dedicate to your best friend.

I couldn't decide between Parry's "I Was Glad" and "My Baby Comes to Me" by Vince Jones and I asked SWMBO and I was told to put this one in, but if I am going to be truly sentimental then Throw Your Arms Around Me by Hunters and Collectors

15. A track that you think nobody but you likes.

The Is The Day by The The.

16. A track that you like especially for its lyrics.

Add It Up by the Violent Femmes

17. A track that you like that’s neither English nor German.

Dragostea Din Tei, especially this version (Needs flash on your browser).

18. A track that lets you release tension best.

Gimme Head by the Radiators

19. A track that you want to be played on your funeral.

It's gotta be Highway to Hell by Accadacca...

And after that as they inject the preservative and put me in a pickle jar I want everyone to file out to this


20. A track that you’d nominate for the “best of all times” category.

Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz
Too Drunk to Fuck by the Dead Kennedys
Death Defying by the Hoodoogurus
Ça Plane Pour Moi by Plastic Bertrand.
Banana Boat Song by Harry Belefonte
Fucking In Rhythm and Sorrow - The Sugarcubes (Björk)

1 Comments:

At 14 March, 2006 19:56, Blogger Foilwoman said...

I only know a few of those bands, and by the sound of many of the titles, I shouldn't link to them whilst at work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home